Today, the mass market paperback edition of Firstborn has been published and released into the wild. The links will be on the book page here, but just in case, I’ve copied them into the body of this post.
My brief in other news update is: I have finally, on the seventh attempt, achieved new chapter one for the first book of The Burning Crown, which is as yet untitled. I have started, and am working on the also untitled Cast 16.
I have received mass market page proofs for War, and copy-edits for The Emperor’s Wolves (and I’ll have a cover to share at the beginning of March, when everything non-new-words related is also due.) And no, the page proofs and copy-edits haven’t been finished yet >.<
My Australian alpha reader said the most surprising thing about being an author to him was the amount of time required on things that were not, strictly speaking, related to the actual writing of the book itself. Sadly, this is something I forget myself when considering writing time and novel-writing time in specific. Everything I finish will return to me multiple times: Revisions, copy-edits, page proofs and a host of other small things. And while it absolutely doesn’t take as long to do these things as it did to write the book, they… eat a lot of time.