Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello, and welcome to Michelle’s Living Room. You can read the boards, but if you would like to join the discussion, you must register.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo

Question about the races

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Hi! In Cast in Shadow, on page 272 (ebook) it is mentioned that there are six races..."They weren't Aerian, they weren't Leontine, and they weren't Barrani. Which left three races, one of which she'd never actually encountered, given their racial agoraphobia..." Dragons and the Tha'alani are known but what I was wondering is if we'll ever learn anything about the sixth race. Now I haven't read the latest two books yet so I wouldn't know if there was any mention of them in there but I can't help but be curious. Will this sixth race come into play at some point?

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

• LocationA dry lakebed high in the mountains
I think that was an editing inconsistency. There are four mortal races, and two immortal races, including the humans. At that point in the series she may not have thought to introduce the tha'alani, but later changed her mind. Or if another race was intended, she may have changed her mind.

There are several minor contradictions and inconsistencies with the first couple books. Especially if you try to get them to line up with Cast in Moonlight. I try to just assume that the most recently written information is accurate, and not worry about it. (How could the rooms in the halls of law once be named after relatives of the emperor? By all accounts that is not something that dragon would do. Were thirty six children killed or thirteen? Are Severn's eyes blue or brown?)

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

~@~ Aquilegia is the genus name of the columbine, my favorite flower. They look like they must have faries living nearby.~@~

~@~My avatar picture is from the painting A Place of Her Own, by James C Christensen.~@~

Possibly but the Tha'alani were mentioned with dragons in the sentence after the quote I gave so...if it is an inconsistency, it isn't regarding them. My husband is currently re-reading the entire series looking for any other signs of that sixth race because it's driving him crazy. :D

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

• LocationA dry lakebed high in the mountains
I have also looked, and can't find a blasted thing. That is why I think it was a mistake. Sorry.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:10 AM

~@~ Aquilegia is the genus name of the columbine, my favorite flower. They look like they must have faries living nearby.~@~

~@~My avatar picture is from the painting A Place of Her Own, by James C Christensen.~@~

Shouldn't the ancient ones be considered a race? The Dragons and the Barrani are very dodgy when it comes to whether or not they still exist. When there is no clear answer ether way, I always assume they exist.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users